What is BeagleBone® Blue?
BeagleBone® Blue is an all-in-one Linux-based computer for robotics, integrating onto a single small (3.5″ x 2.15″) board the Octavo OSD3358 microprocessor together with wifi/bluetooth, IMU/barometer, power regulation and state-of-charge LEDs for a 2-cell LiPo, H-Bridges, and discrete connectors for 4 DC motors+encoders, 8 servos, and all of the commonly-needed buses for additional peripherals in embedded applications. Fully open source and actively supported by a strong community, the real-time performance, flexible networking, and rich set of robotics-oriented capabilities make building mobile robots with the Blue fast, streamlined, affordable, and fun.
Processor: Octavo Systems OSD3358
- AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8-bit eMMC flash storage
- Integrated power management
- 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
- NEON floating-point accelerator
- ARM Cortex-M3
- USB2 client for power & communications, USB2 host
- Programmed with Debian Linux
Connectivity and sensors
- Battery support: 2-cell LiPo with balancing, LED state-of-charge monitor
- Charger input: 9-18V
- Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE
- Motor control: 8 6V servo out, 4 bidirectional DC motor out, 4 quadrature encoder in
- Sensors: 9 axis IMU (accels, gyros, magnetometer), barometer, thermometer
- User interface: 11 user programmable LEDs, 2 user programmable buttons
- Easy connect JST interfaces for adding additional buses and peripherals including: GPS, DSM2 radio, UARTs, SPI, I2C, 1.8V analog, 3.3V GPIOs
- ROS, ArduPilot
- MATLAB and Simulink
- Cloud9 IDE on Node.js
- Python, OpenCV, … plus much more!